By Brian Hefty
Whether you have 10 miles to drive or 1000, we are doing everything we can to put together a memorable day for you on Thursday, July 24 at the free Ag PhD Field Day on our farm. I know you’re busy. I am, too, but I’ve always found that it’s good to take an occasional day or two to re-charge, get some fresh ideas, and just spend some time visiting with other farmers.
SOME OF OUR FIELD DAY ACTIVITIES:
- 7 am – Registration opens & free SiriusXM radio giveaway begins.
- 8 am – Legendary coach Bobby Knight will share leadership principles and more in a special session.
- 8 am – Lots of areas will open including Ride & Drive, plot demos, live tiling, sub-surface irrigation demos, exhibit tents, equipment displays, the Kid’s Area, Health Screening, and more.
- Lots of new technologies for you to see, as well as hundreds of industry experts to discuss these great advancements with you.
- Tours of all our plots with Brian & Darren – We will go through what we’re learning in our plots (good and bad included) as we walk (or ride) through all our field trials.
- Corn panel – Educational sessions with corn yield champs from across the U.S.
- Soybean panel – Educational sessions with soybean yield champs from across the U.S.
- Wheat panel – Educational sessions with wheat yield champs from across the U.S.
- Estate planning – Two special sessions with one of the premier estate planning lawyers in the country.
- Drainage law (back by popular demand) – Learn about drainage law and get your drainage questions answered.
- Soil/Tissue testing – Learn how to pull and read these valuable tests. I know this may not sound like fun, but if you know how to do these two simple jobs, your farm can literally make tens of thousands of additional dollars each year. Or to phrase it another way, you may be able to save tens of thousands on your next fertilizer bill.
- Rural Radio & RFD-TV personalities will be on-site all day.
- 11 am – Racecar driver Richard Petty, “The King”, will speak and have a meet and greet session.
- 2 pm – Live Ag PhD Radio Show in our new air-conditioned (large) shop.
- One of the most important things we hope you take advantage of when you attend our Field Day is to visit with farmers from other geographies. Last year we had farmers from 26 states, 2 Canadian provinces, and several other foreign countries. I personally enjoy the day so much just because of the opportunity to learn what other farmers are doing to be successful in other areas. By the way, we have discounted hotel rooms available, and if you want to fly in that day, we are just 10 miles from the Sioux Falls International Airport.
Check out agphd.com to learn more, and mark your calendar today for the Ag PhD Field Day!